Job title: Full-Time Welding Instructor
Posting Number: 0000942
PS Position#: 00000151
Position Status: Full-Time
Salary: Salary is based on the Lee College Faculty Salary Scale – 9 Month. Placement on scale is commensurate with education and experience.
Department: Welding Technology/Inspection
Job Summary/Basic Function:
The full-time Welding instructor will instruct students in the craft of welding with the SMAW, GTAW, GMAW, and FCAW processes, cutting with oxyfuel and plasma, theory, and weld quality. The instructor will prepare students for employment in construction, manufacturing, and heavy industry.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Teach freshmen and sophomore Welding courses.
- Qualified applicants must be committed to student learning, integrating technology into the curriculum, and encouraging engaged scholars.
- Teach assigned classes in keeping with approved syllabi, outlines, and instructional materials.
- Maintain accurate student records in compliance with Lee College requirements.
- Submit required student reports to the Admissions & Records Office according to schedule.
- Direct, evaluate, and assess the learning experience of the students in accordance with adopted curricula and approved procedures.
- Provide counsel/guidance to students when there is a need.
- All faculty members are required to be on campus 35 hours per week, and participate in professional development activities, department and college committees, commencement, and other activities as stated in the Faculty Workload and Responsibilities Policy.
- Faculty members may be required to teach evening, weekend, summer, online, hybrid, and dual credit classes at various campuses.
Additional duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Recruit for and promote the Welding program.
- Participate on campus-related committees as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Excellent college benefits accrue with this full-time position. This is a security sensitive position.
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.
- Associate (or higher) degree in Welding OR ten (10) years of related work experience in a qualifying field (i.e., Welding or Welding Inspector) AND must be able to obtain an Associates degree in two (2) years, with no class overloads until degree is complete OR twenty (20) years of related work experience in a qualifying field (i.e., Welding or Welding Inspector)
- Five (5) years of related, non-teaching work experience
- Must be able to pass a 6G pipe welding test with the SMAW and GTAW processes, or provide evidence of recent certification from an employer
- Ten (10) or more years of related, non-teaching work experience
- Current certification in good standing as a Certified Welding Educator and/or as a Certified Welding Inspector from the American Welding Society (AWS)
Campus/Location: McNair Center – Baytown, TX
If other, provide location:
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Lee College does not provide sponsorship. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of identity and employment eligibility.
This position requires applicants to attach the following documents: resume, cover letter, and copies of transcripts for all completed college work. (Official transcripts required upon employment.)
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references on the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of the electronic application process.
To apply, visit
Lee College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, which encourages applications from qualified females, minority groups, veterans, and disabled individuals. It is the policy of Lee College to fully comply with the equal opportunity provisions of all applicable regulations and not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status in areas such as recruitment, selections, training, promotion, demotion, layoffs, terminations, rates of pay, or any other forms of compensation or benefits.
Location: Baytown, TX
Job date: Wed, 18 Mar 2020 06:34:48 GMT
Apply for the job now!