Job title: 1st Shift Welder
Company: Twin City Staffing
Twin City Staffing is looking for a well-rounded Welder. Our client has a national presence and looking to expand its workforce in their Minneapolis location. Please apply to be considered immediately.
- Operate welding equipment in the construction of custom gates. (MIG and stick welders.)
- Layout and fit custom fabricated products.
- Operate power equipment such as grinders, band saws, cutting torches, and others in the construction of custom gates.
- Operate forklift equipment at an advanced skill level.
- Operate metal saws to cut pipe.
- Load tractor-trailer trucks in accordance with DOT regulations.
- Pull and package customer orders.
- Maintain the cleanliness and organization of the inventory warehouse, yard, and gate shop areas.
- May require overtime including occasional weekend work.
- 1-2 years MIG and stick welding experience
- 1-2 years’ experience of forklift operation
- Able to read and interpret blueprints, layouts, and technical datasheets.
- Ability to be certified to AWS D1.1 & D1.2 procedures
- Ability to lift and carry 70lbs
- Ability to work outside in hot and cold conditions
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time
- Basic math knowledge
- General knowledge of DOT load requirements
- Required to pass an internal welding test
- Basic machine knowledge/experience a plus
- Spanish speaking is a plus
- Must be okay with working outdoors
Pay: $20 /hr
Hours: 7:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. on Monday – Friday Qualifications
Please send a copy of your resume for immediate consideration.
At this time, Twin City Staffing is requesting that applicants seeking employment should be setting up an appointment with your recruiter before coming into the office.
Please call our office today at 763-220-7052 to set up an appointment.
Expected salary: $20 per hour
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Job date: Wed, 15 Apr 2020 22:32:47 GMT