Hard Hat Welding Helmet Combo
Is wearing a welding helmet a requirement for the job you have? If so, there are safety standards that come along with it that your hard hat welding helmet must adhere to.
First, what is a welding helmet?
A welding helmet is a category of headgear mostly used for shielding the face, neck, and eyes from flash burning, ultraviolet light, heat, and sparks while conducting certain forms of welding. Which is different than a hard hat.
The hard hat welding helmet combo is required to avoid arc eye while welding. Arc eye is a painful condition in which the cornea of the eye is inflamed.
While some welding helmets are designed to protect you in construction like environments in which you would wear a hard hat, not all do which is why understanding the difference is important.
Purpose of welding helmets?
The welding helmets can prevent burns of the retina that might lead to vision loss. Ultraviolet rays emitted from the welding arc might damage exposed skin in a short welding time, creating a sunburn-like effect.
The welding headgear is the primary means of protection for a welder as regards his face. There are various types of welding helmets available on the market, each built with its own requirements and features, with the goal of providing the welder eye protection.
Since many of the welding helmets are designed with the goal of eye protection they don't necessarily focus on head protection. That is where hardhat helmets come into play.
What are hard hat helmets?
Hard hat helmets are a type of headgear that is primarily used in working environments such as construction sites or manufacturing sites to protect the worker's skulls from injury caused by falling objects, contact with other objects, debris, rain, and electrical shock.
Often made of carbon fiber for safety. The helmet design contains suspension bands that disperse the weight of the helmet and the impact over the skull of the head. The suspension provides about 1.2 inches of space between the exterior of the helmet and the head of the wearer, hence if an object impacts the exterior, the force of the impact gets soften and becomes less likely to be transferred to the skull of the individual.
What are hard hat welding helmet combos?
By using an adapter, many hard hat helmets available in the market can be converted into a welding helmet. To use this feature only remove the regular headgear, attach the hard-hat adapters and clip the hard hat.
|Under $100||View Best Price|
Miller Hard Hat Adapter
|30.77||View Best Price|
3M SpeedGlas 100
|View Best Prie|
Benefits of hard hat welding helmet combos.
- The hard hat adapters function in the same slot as the headgear's, and special adjustments are not necessary.
- The adapters fit easily into the slots of the side brim to hold it in place safely, has an ultra-smooth up / down movement hinged spring-loaded mechanism.
- A properly designed adopter has very supportive latching, so the headgear stays up when the user wants to and might also have a quick-release clip for installation or removal in seconds.
- Afterward, when the welding is completed just un-clip the adapter and it can be simply used as a hard hat helmet.
- By choosing the right hard hat combo not only protect them from the elements and physical injuries but also helps common people save some money by applying the adapter to the gear they already own rather the investing in a fancy welding headgear that might only be used few times in their lifetime.
No matter your welding process, in the choice of passive and active welding helmets designed to protect and work in challenging welding, cutting, and grinding conditions, a high level of safety to help avoid eye damage and skin burns is imperative. Hence choosing the correct gear with optimal quality is a must-do for a welder.
Hard Hat Adapter For Xlix, Elite Series
- Miller Electric 222003 Hard Hat Adapter Kit; For Titanium, XLix, Elite, Performance, ProHobby,
Take a look at our full review on the Hard Hat Adapter For Xlix, Elite Series Hard Hat Adapter For Xlix,Elite Series MILLER ELECTRIC Hard Hat Adapter For Xlix,Elite Series, 222003 Hard Hat Adapter For Xlix, Elite Series .
Fibre-Metal by Honeywell Tigerhood Classic Thermoplastic Welding Helmet with Speedy Loop Hard Hat Mount, Gray (5906GY)
2 used from $53.98
- Shell Material: Thermoplastic
- Product Type: Helmet Assembly
- This product is manufactured in Mexico
3M Speedglas 100 Welding Helmet Black 07-0012-31BL-HH, with Hard Hat, Hard Hat Adapter, and ADF 100V
- Hard Hat Adapter and hard hat included
- 1.73 x 3.66 viewing area
- Excellent optical quality
- Sensitivity adjustment allows use with most Stick, MIG, TIG (>10A)
- 3M H-701R Hard hat and hard hat adapter included for additional head protection